Monday, August 16, 2010

My "Real" Motivation...

One of the main reasons I am trying to get my weight down is pregnancy.  Sure, I want to be healthy... I want to look good for my husband...I want to feel comfortable about my body...I want self confidence... But, my driving force is a potential pregnancy.

My husband and I are going to start trying for kids after Christmas... We've been married for a year and a half.  I know some would still consider us "newlyweds" and advise us to enjoy time to ourselves, but we are ready.  We both talk about being parents constantly... Being a mom is all I think about.  Plus, we want 2-3 children and I'm going to be 29 this year (he will be 32) and we don't want to be having kids too late in life.

First of all, I want a healthy pregnancy and know that weight can cause issues.  Second of all, I want to look pregnant...not just fat.  I've always been afraid that when I get pregnant people won't be able to tell if I'm really pregnant or just overweight.

My goal weight is 147lbs... I have roughly 50ish pounds to go.  I know that I can get this off before Christmas, but it's just starting to hit me how close Christmas really is! 

This is my motivation.  I think this weekend made me realize that I need to step up my game and get this weight OFF. I mean, it's already the middle of August...What happened to July!?  Before I know it, it's going to be Thanksgiving....and then Christmas.

I've been lolly-gaggin' for the last month.  I haven't lost what I've wanted... I think it's mostly because I've gotten comfortable.  I feel good about the 50lbs I've already lost.... and have slacked off.  I'm in a "halfway hump"...I just need to keep reminding myself of my goal and that even though I "feel good"...I'm still overweight!

I am ready to get back with it.  This "halfway hump" has got to go!!!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a great reason to lose weight. My daughter was very heavy during her pregnancy and it isn't a picnic, believe me.

    You can do it, you can do it! Stop yer lolly-gaggin' (lol).

    ReplyDelete