Saturday, July 24, 2010

My current diet... yes, diet. (Lifestyle change is next).

I'm on a diet.

People always say "It's not a diet, it's a Lifestyle Change". Well, what I am doing is a "diet". There is no way I can do this for the rest of my life... I say this but also know there is no turning back. I will not go back to my old life of eating cheeseburgers, chocolate, and anything I can get my hands on nonstop.

I am seeing a weight loss doctor and have been since April 5th, 2010. She has been my savior. Seriously.

Right now, I am on a protein shake plan...I've lost 47lbs as of today and still have another 50 lbs to go. (My goal weight is 150). I am sticking to the protein shakes until I get down to about 175lbs... then I will start to incorporate more food items and learn to eat and maintain my loss. (This is what the Doctor suggested for me because I'm the Queen of Yo Yo Dieting). Until then, I'm just focused on drinking these shakes and getting this weight off!

Daily Diet:
6am: Protein Shake (100 calories/15g of protein)
9am: Protein Shake
12pm: Protein Shake
3pm: Protein Shake
6pm: 6oz of lean meat and 2 cups of veggies

Total Calories: 700-800 per day

I am also drinking a gallon of water (crystal light) a day.... and taking a TON of vitamins (Fiber, Calcium, Potassium, Multi-vitamin, etc).

Along with the vitamins, I'm taking Phentermine. Some people don't agree with taking appetite suppressants and feel you should do it on your own... I've learned that with my habitual binge eating, this really helps me. It may be a mental thing...who knows.

I actually feel "healthy" doing this. My doctor has explained everything in detail to me, which is hard to find. Most doctors seem in a rush to get to their next patient...not mine. She sits down and actually talks to you, which is awesome.

Anyways, this is what I'm doing... It's working and I feel good. Which is a feeling that I haven't felt in a long time. It's nice!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Yep. I say DIET. I say FAT. I do. Doesn't matter what I call it, it's hard/restrictive/requires discipline and kind of stinks at times. So, I'm with you on the lingo. And congrats on the success so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yeah, I'm not one to sugar coat things. It is what it is! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete