Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm big boned...Oh wait, I'm just fat!


My mother has always told me I am "big boned"... I've heard that a lot my life and believed it. I've always used that as an excuse in my head for being a bigger girl.

One thing that I've learned... I'm NOT "big boned"... I'm fat. I'm not ashamed to say this because I am accepting what I have done to my body and working on correcting my mistakes.

I've never had an ultimate "goal weight" to reach... My reasoning for this was always because I'd look at the healthy weight range charts and see 120-160ishlbs was my range. (I'm 5'6"). I've always assumed if I get to 160lbs that I will look like an emaciated supermodel because I'm "big boned"... Plus, I can't remember the last time I weighed less that 175ish so to get into that "Healthy Range" seems near impossible at times.

Well, I asked my Doctor what should be my goal weight... Her answer: 140lbs. I'm sure she noticed my eye roll when that number came out of her mouth. I immediately asked her why it was so low b/c I'm bigger boned... Needless to say, I am "medium build" (average size) underneath all this fat. NOT big boned.

So... With this being said, I've created my own personal goal. I want to get down to 147lbs. Why 147? Well, I started my journey at 247lbs (my highest weight)... so I may as well shoot for 100lbs. I think if I can stay under 150lbs and maintain it I will be happy.

***My weigh in is tomorrow (the one that I actually count), but I get on the scale EVERY morning. I am happy to say that I weighed in this morning at 199lbs!!!! Finally out of the 200's!

Until next time...



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting to 199 lbs, I now exactly how awesome it is to not see a "2" before your weight! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete